The Lancaster Station parking lot improvements improved ADA accessibility, enhanced safety and aesthetics, and provided multimodal amenities.
Access and parking work was conducted as part of the overall station rehabilitation initiative. Site improvements included:
- Reconstructing station access for vehicles and pedestrians, including sidewalk repairs;
- Expanding the parking lot and updating the lighting fixtures;
- Installing parking pay stations;
- Building a new bus canopy;
- Adding a taxi stand and passenger drop-off area at the building entrance; and
- Enhancing the station landscaping.
Construction was completed in December 2013.
The project was led by the Lancaster County Planning Commission with additional funding by PennDOT, the Federal Transit Administration, Amtrak, and Lancaster County.